TIC® – The Single Test System for Microscopic Cell Counting
TIC® is a single-use dilution test system for quick, easy, safe, and highly precise microscopic counting of erythrocytes, leukocytes, thrombocytes and reticulocytes in blood, and also leukocytes in synovial fluid.
Easy to Use and Inexpensive
Manufactured by Bioanalytic GmbH, these ready-to-use and high-quality reagent kits allow safe and simple handling.
The TIC products are the official replacement for Unopette, recommended by BD. Of particular interest, will be the Eos-TIC and Natt-Herricks-TIC kits for leukocyte counts in Avian and Reptile blood.
Advantages – So simple to Use
• CONVENIENT – Ready prepared reagents in single test vials available in boxes of 100 or in smaller pack sizes of 10
• SAFE – No mouth pipetting!
• Saves time and money
• THE recommended alternative to Unopette
Microscopical cell counting using a Haemocytometer (counting chamber)
Accurate and Hygienic
The dilutions correspond to the recommendations of the German Industry Norm 58932 (DIN 58932) and WHO (World Health Organisation) and can be accurately reproduced.
Freshly prepared samples can be counted up to 48 hours (RBC, WBC) and 12 hours (PLT) respectively.
The TIC® systems of Bioanalytic conform to the regulations issued by the ‘Employers Liability Insurance Association’ NOT to pipet by mouth. No contact with blood or blood-reagent mixture if used, as recommended.
Save Time…Work Safely
1. Fill end-to-end capillary with blood
2. Place capillary into TIC tube
3. Close tube and mix by shaking for suspending cells
4. Mix before loading counting chamber
5. Fill chamber filling capillary by capillary action
6. Load chamber and count cells under the microscope
The capillary holder (re-usable) is not included in the TIC system. We highly recommend that you order a capillary holder with your first order. The capillary holder prevents the risk of specimen contact if used correctly, and also simplifies handling.
The list of TIC® products, accessories and prices are listed in our Price Tab. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and follow the link below for detailed product information, safety data sheets and user instructions.
To see Further Product Information Follow This Link to Bioanalytic GmbH TIC Products
TIC Manual Cell Counting Systems - Full kits (Plus x 100) and smaller pack sizes of 10
The Full Kits (Plus x100) Include the Capillary Tube Sets
The Capillary Tubes Sets comprise of:
- 1 x 100 End-to-End Capillaries
- 1 x 100 Chamber Filling Capillaries
- Eos-TIC (Plus) - Total Eosinophil count in Mammalian Blood and indirect total WBC count in Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5196)
- Ery-TIC (Plus) – Total RBC count in Mammalian, Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5197)
- Leuko- TIC (Plus) – Total WBC count in Mammalian Blood (Catalogue No: 5198)
- Leuko-TIC SF (Plus) – Total WBC count in Synovial Fluid (Catalogue No: 5199)
- Natt-Herricks TIC (Plus) – Total WBC and RBC count in Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5200)
- Thrombo –TIC (Plus) – Total Thrombocyte/Platelet counts in Mammalian Blood (Catalogue No: 5202)
The Smaller Kits (x10) do not include a capillary tube set and these will need to be purchased in addition to the kit.
- 1 x 100 End-to-End Capillaries – Volume depends on the kit type
- 1 x 100 Chamber Filling Capillaries
TIC Kits requiring a 20µ Capillary Set (Catalogue No: 5205)
- Eos – TIC – Total Eosinophil count in Mammalian Blood and indirect total WBC count in Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5196-10)
- Leuko – TIC - Total WBC count in Mammalian Blood (Catalogue No: 5198-10)
TIC Kits requiring a 10µ Capillary Set (Catalogue No: 5204)
- Leuko – TIC SF - Total WBC count in Synovial Fluid (Catalogue No: 5199-10)
- Thrombo – TIC - Total Thrombocyte/Platelet counts in Mammalian Blood (Catalogue No: 5202-10)
TIC Kits requiring a 5µ Capillary Set (Catalogue No: 5203)
- Ery-TIC - Total RBC count in Mammalian, Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5197-10)
- Natt-Herricks- TIC – Total WBC and RBC count in Avian and Reptile Blood (Catalogue No: 5200-10)
The end-to-end capillary tubes (5µ, 10µ and 20µ) can be purchased separately
TIC Kits – Staining and Smear Examination
The Reti - TIC kit does not require capillary tube sets as it for the staining of reticulocytes for smear examination however, a Pipettor will be required.
- Reti – TIC (Plus 1 x 100) – Staining of Reticulocytes for Smear Examination (Catalogue No: 5201)
- Reti – TIC (1 x10) – Staining of Reticulocytes for Smear Examination (Catalogue No: 5201-10)
Disposable Glass Chambers
These disposable counting chambers are supplied in boxes of 25 and although they are for single-use only, they are manufactured from top-quality glass by Bioanalytics GmbH.
Advantages of Disposable Counting Chambers
• No Cover Glass Required (saves time, improves safety)
• No Cleaning Required (saves time, rapid sequence analysis)
• No Disinfection Required ( no risk of infection)
These disposable counting chambers are made from high-quality glass and are used just like conventional counting chambers. The disposable chambers are much easier to handle and significantly reduce the risk of infection through the elimination of cleaning procedures.
Compared to PLASTIC single-use counting chambers no shrinkage (longevity) and higher precision in the manufacture (dimension stability). The Bioanalytics disposable counting chambers are IVD and CE certified.
For the count in the disposable counting chamber, any sample material can be used (in dilution), which is also suitable for conventional counting chambers.
When using disposable counting chambers (particularly for in-vitro diagnostics), the same application rules are valid as for conventional counting chambers, notably, both counting chamber fields must be filled with the same sample and both fields have to be counted.
Disposable Glass Counting Chambers - Special Features
- Bioanalytic disposable counting chambers have, due to their construction, a much lower evaporation rate than conventional counting chambers, because only the two narrow sides are open and the distance to the counting grid is farther.
- This makes it possible to do some counts without the use of a humidity chamber when the storage time exceeds not more than five minutes. This prevents water condensation on the surfaces (coverslip top, slide bottom slide).
- Overfilling and its consequences, as with conventional counting chambers, is less possible and more clearly visible.
- Due to the absence of the cleaning steps, there is also no risk of cell damage or lysis by remnants of cleaning detergents.
- Slides and disposable counting chambers have nearly the same height. This eliminates complex height adjustment of the object table during the change. This lowers the risk of a lens-slide crash.
- Dry viewed counting chambers may have unusual structures (similar to tree-like branching). These “drying cracks” in the micro coating of the glass surface disappear after filling and do not affect the counting.
|TIC Manual Cell Counting Systems|
|5196||Eos-TIC (Plus) 1 x 100 + 20µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5196-10||Eos-TIC 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|5197||Ery-TIC (Plus) 1 x 100 + 5µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5197-10||Ery-TIC 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|5198||Leuko-TIC (Plus) 1 x 100 + 20µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5198-10||Leuko-TIC 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|5199||Leuko-TIC SF (Plus) 1 x 100 + 10µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5199-10||Leuko-TIC SF 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|5200||Natt-Herricks-TIC (Plus) 1 x 100 + 5µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5200-10||Natt-Herricks-TIC 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|5202||Thrombo-TIC (Plus) 1 x 100 + 10µ Capillary Set||£99.95 (ex VAT)|
|5202-10||Thrombo-TIC 1 x 10||£13.70 (ex VAT)|
|TIC Smear Staining Systems (No Capillary Sets needed)|
|5201||Reti-TIC 1 x 100||£82.50 (ex VAT)|
|5201-10||Reti-TIC 1 x 10||£12.45 (ex VAT)|
|Capillary Sets to use with Smaller Manual Cell Counting kits (Set x 2 Pots)|
|5203||TIC Capillary Set 5µ 2 x 100||£30.20 (ex VAT)|
|5204||TIC Capillary Set 10µ 2 x 100||£30.20 (ex VAT)|
|5205||TIC Capillary Set 20µ 2 x 100||£30.20 (ex VAT)|
|Other Accessories for use with TIC Manual Cell Counting Systems|
|5206||End-to-end Capillaries 5µ 1 x 100||£5.75 (ex VAT)|
|5207||End-to-end Capillaries 10µ 1 x 100||£5.75 (ex VAT)|
|5208||End-to-end Capillaries 20µ 1 x 100||£5.75 (ex VAT)|
|5209||End-to-end Capillary Holder x 1||£12.70 (ex VAT)|
|5066||Haemocytomer (I.N) Disposable Glass 1 x 25||£79.50 (ex VAT)|
|5600||Haemocytomer (I.N) Glass x 1||£52.75 (ex VAT)|