FASTest CDV Ab
Qualitative Detection Of Antibodies Against Canine Distemper Virus
Test applicable to: DogSample: Whole Blood, Plasma or Serum
FASTest CDV Ab is a rapid immunochromatographic ‘lateral flow’ test for the semi-quantitative assay of Canine Distemper Virus IgG-antibodies in canine serum or plasma.
FASTest CDV Ab. allows the veterinarian to make a fast decision concerning the best time to vaccinate, especially in puppies where the presence of maternal antibody can neutralise the vaccine.
The antibodies are basic modules of the humoral immune response which are passed passively via the colostrum as so-called maternal antibodies (mAb). These are passed onto new-borns or induced actively by natural field infection or vaccination.
These antibodies can vary in quantity in each individual animal depending on multiple factors.More Info
Why test for Canine Distemper Virus?
Canine Distemper virus (CDV) is one of the most common causes of viral gastroenteritis in dogs worldwide. The disease is recognised by several forms causing gastrointestinal, respiratory, cutaneous and neurologic signs, associated with high mortality rates especially in young and not vaccinated dogs. Antibody titers to CDV are important to prediction of canine health and preparing of a vaccination program.
The Test Sample
- Whole Blood, Plasma or Serum samples may be used with this test
- Whole Blood (without anticoagulants) samples should be used
- If the Serum or Plasma samples cannot be tested immediately, they should be refrigerated at 2 – 8 ◦c for 2 to 3 days. After this period they should be frozen at – 20◦c or below
- Any samples containing precipitate may yield inconsistent test results. Such specimens must be clarified prior to assaying
- The use of haemolytic, lipaemic, icteric or bacterially contaminated samples should be avoided as an erroneous result may occur.
What are the symptoms of Canine Distemper Virus?
The main causes of Canine Distemper Virus are viral gastroenteritis in dogs which in turn causes gastrointestinal, respiratory, cutaneous and neurologic problems.
Clinical signs are
Advantages of FASTest CDV Ab
- Store at Room Temperature – tests instantly available for use
- Long Shelf Life
- Simple, fast 2-step procedure
- Results in 20 – 30 minutes
- Competitively priced
Instructions For Use
|770||FASTest CDV Ab x 10 Test Cassettes (Special Order)||£95.00 (ex VAT)|