The VetSpin® Micro Mini Benchtop Centrifuge
The VetSpin® Micro is a low cost, mini benchtop centrifuge, incorporating a unique tool-free system of ‘clip-on’ interchangeable rotors designed for centrifuging small volumes of biological fluids.
Our VetSpin Micro is ideal for separating serum or plasma from blood cells in whole blood samples.
It performs microhaematocrit (packed cell volume) estimations on anticoagulated blood samples and prepares urine for sediment examinations.
A variety of screw capped plastic blood tubes can be accommodated from 0.5ml to 2ml in the 8 piece blood tube rotor as well standard microcentrifuge tubes up to 2ml and 12 x 40mm microhaematocrit capillary tubes in the separate microhaematocrit rotor
• Low cost-From Only £195.00
• Small footprint -Less than 17.5cm diameter
• Flexible- Separates both plasma/ serum and performs microhaematocrits
• Simple to use – No settings required. Simply load and run
• Fast- All procedures processed within 3 mins at 10,000rpm.
The ‘VetSpin® Micro’ Centrifuge is Perfect for veterinary practices
We recognise that most veterinary practice laboratories need a centrifuge capable of separating serum or plasma for important analyses either in-house or in an external laboratory as well as microhaematocrit analysis to detect anaemia. We also know the importance of a size, simplicity of use and low cost. Therefore, we are now pleased to offer our ‘VetSpin Micro’ and in various forms to suit your needs:
• VetSpin Micro unit with 8-place rotor for 2.0ml plastic screw capped tubes
• VetSpin Micro unit with 12-place rotors for 40mm microhaematocrit glass capillaries
• VetSpin Micro unit with both above rotors
• VetSpin Micro Dual Offer -Discounted Time Saving Package: 1 x VetSpin Micro Unit with 8-place tube rotor PLUS 1 x VetSpin Micro with 12 Place Microhaematocrit rotor (See Below)
VetSpin Micro Dual Offer- Discounted Time Saving Package:
1 x VetSpin Micro with 8 Place Tube Rotor PLUS 1 x VetSpin Micro with 12 Place Microhaematocrit Rotor
- Saves Time Changing Rotors
- Back Up Centrifuge Always Available
- Prolongs the life of both centrifuges
- Saves Money
Using the VetSpin Micro Centrifuge
‘Simply load and balance your blood tubes correctly, close the lid, set your timer and switch on!’
Machine starts automatically at 10,000rpm fixed speed. Set your countdown timer accordingly & when ready switch off to stop and press lid lock to open lid once rotor has stopped spinning.
Changing the Rotors
Rotors are changed by squeezing the rotor clips whilst simultaneously lifting off the rotor and then fitting the other rotor over the clip and on to the motor shaft – no tools required.
A complete User Manual is provided and we provide full technical support.
Please see the below video but please note that our new version now has 8 x Tube Holders
Our VetSpin Micro Centrifuges are supplied with:
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY
To see our centrifuge consumables, follow this link