Microscope Consumables – Top Quality & Great Value
Vetlab Supplies offer the full range of microscope consumables; including microscope slides, coverslips, slide mailers, lens cleaning tissues, histoclear, and immersion oil. We also supply a variety of microscope bulbs and slide storage boxes. If there are any products that you cannot see on our price list, please contact us, and we will do our very best to source them for you.
Microscope Slides – Three Brands Available
We supply a range of different quality microscope slides of varying quality to suit personal preferences and budgets.
- Firstly, our Marienfeld Superior Glass slides which are considered to be top of the range for quality and are supplied in both plain and twin frosted (76mm x 26mm).
- Secondly, our Vetlab Value Microscope Slides are an excellent mid-range quality and priced accordingly. The slides are pre-cleaned, 1mm-1.2mm thick with polished edges and clipped corners and are also available in both plain and twin frosted (76mm x 25.4mm).
- Finally, our Premiere Microscope Slides are amazing value for money pre-cleaned slides with clipped corners and available at an unbelievable price. Our Premiere range is also available in both plain and twin frosted (76.2mm x 25.4mm). The premiere microscope slides are ideal for using as spreader slides for making blood smears.
In light microscopy, immersion oil is used to increase the resolution of a microscope at high magnification using special “oil immersion” objectives. This is achieved by immersing both the objective lens and specimen in a transparent oil of high refractive index typically 1.5185.
Previously, Cedar Tree Oil has commonly been used as immersion oil to increase the resolution.
Cedar Oil has a number of disadvantages:
- Absorbs blue and ultraviolet light
- Yellows with age
- Can damage objectives by attacking the cement used to attach lenses and can harden if not removed immediately
Vetlab Immersion Oil has a refractive index of 1.5185 and does not have the disadvantages of Cedar Oil. However, we recommend that the oil is removed from the objective lens immediately after use by wiping with a lens tissue.
Histoclear is a solvent/cleaning agent which can be used in Microscopy to replace Xylene. Histoclear is effective for cleaning microscope objective lenses, especially oil immersion lenses, and also other optical instruments.
Histoclear is distilled from oranges, which gives it a recognisable citrus smell when opened. It is much safer to use than Xylene.
Cleaning and Care of your Microscope
|1652||Bulb for Leica BME 6V 12W Halogen||£22.00 (ex VAT)|
|1651||Bulb for Leica CME 6V 20W Halogen||£20.56 (ex VAT)|
|3025||Bulb Halogen 6V 20W||£20.56 (ex VAT)|
|0545||Bulb Tungsten 220V 20W (half silvered, for Olympus, Nikon)||£20.00 (ex VAT)|
|1708||Bulb, Premiere 1000 6V 30W||£20.56 (ex VAT)|
|Cleaning & Oil|
|0641||Immersion Oil 1 x 15ml R.I. 1.5185 in Dropper Bottle||£5.00 (ex VAT)|
|0643-100||Immersion Oil 100ml||£15.00 (ex VAT)|
|0643||Immersion Oil 500ml||£50.00 (ex VAT)|
|0645||Lens Cleaning Fluid (Histoclear) 1 x 30ml||£4.50 (ex VAT)|
|0921||Lens Tissues (Premiere) x 100||£3.50 (ex VAT)|
|0920||Lens Tissues (Whatman) Pack of 25||£5.70 (ex VAT)|
|0600||Slide Coverslips 22 x 22mm x 200||£5.76 (ex VAT)|
|0605||Slide Coverslips 22 x 40mm x 100||£5.14 (ex VAT)|
|Storage & Posting|
|0651||Slide Mailer (2 slot) x 10||£4.00 (ex VAT)|
|0650||Slide Mailer (5 slot) x 10||£4.50 (ex VAT)|
|0650-100||Slide Mailer (5 slot) x 100, Bulk Buy||£40.00 (ex VAT)|
|0652||Slide Mailer (6 slot) x 10||£5.00 (ex VAT)|
|1679||Slide Storage Box (Plastic -100 slot)||£11.50 (ex VAT)|
|0751||Slides, Marienfeld, Frosted 1 x 100||£9.95 (ex VAT)|
|0750||Slides, Marienfeld, Plain 1 x 100||£8.95 (ex VAT)|
|0741||Slides, Premiere, Frosted 1 x 100||£4.30 (ex VAT)|
|0740||Slides, Premiere, Plain 1 x 100||£3.70 (ex VAT)|
|0761||Slides, Vetlab, Frosted 1 x 100||£5.95 (ex VAT)|
|0760||Slides, Vetlab, Plain 1 x 100||£5.30 (ex VAT)|
|1676||Vinyl Dust Cover||£15.00 (ex VAT)|