FASTest FIV Single Test
Qualitative Detection Of Feline Immunodeficiency Virus
Test applicable to: CatSample: Whole Blood, Serum and Plasma
FASTest FIV diagnostic test kit is based on a rapid immunochromatographic technique. FIV-Antibodies in the sample will form specific antigen-antibody complexes in the sample area. Lateral flow (migration) towards the FIV areas (marked ‘T’ on the slide) allows these complexes to bind with gold particles labelled with synthetic FIV-Proteins to form a pink-purple Test line. A correct test procedure will be indicated by a second pink-purple line in the Control area (marked ‘C’ on the slide).
Why use to FASTest? Here are 10 great reasons why – and ask us about our Charity Rates!
FeLV – FIV Combination Test also available follow this link
FeLV Single Test also available follow this link
Why is it important to test for FIV?
Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) is found worldwide in cats. Depending on their age, health, environment, and lifestyle the prevalence of infection can vary greatly. FIV-Antibody detection is accepted as the method of the first choice for the diagnosis of FIV infection. Approximately 95% of FIV infected cats show high FIV-Antibody concentration in their blood approx. 4 weeks post-infection. Based on synthetic FIV-Proteins FASTest FIV is an important diagnostic tool for the detection of infected cats.
What are the symptoms of FIV?
Clinical signs are progressive deterioration of the cat’s health which can be interspersed with periods of relatively good health. Some signs may not appear for years after the infection.
- Poor coat condition
- Loss of appetite
- Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums)
- Stomatitis (inflammation of the mouth)
- Recurrent or chronic infections of the skin
- Bladder infections
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract
- Persistent fever
- Persistent diarrhoea
- Eye conditions
- Weight loss (slow but progressive)
- Various types of cancer
- Neurological disorders
- Behaviour changes
- Reproductive failures in unsprayed female cats
Advantages of FASTest FIV Single Diagnostic Test Kit
- Store at Room Temperature – Tests instantly ready for use
- Small 6 test kits available
- Long Shelf Life – typically 18 months
- Results in 10 minutes
- Simple, fast 2-step procedure
- Proven R.I.C. technology
- FIV and Test/Control areas clearly marked on cassette
- Competitively priced
- Charity discounts
- Free technical support
- All positive results confirmed free of charge
- Available direct or from your Wholesaler
Instructions For Use
Hartmann Paper – Quality of different in-clinic test systems
|960||FASTest FIV x 10 Tests||£99.75 (ex VAT)|
|965||FASTest FIV x 25 Tests||£235.20 (ex VAT)|