Decon 90 Laboratory Cleaner
Laboratory Cleaning Agent
Decon 90 is the leading surface active cleaning agent and/or radioactive decontaminant for laboratory, medical and industrial applications and is available in 1-Litre and 5-Litre sizes. Decon 90 cleaning agent is supplied in high-density polyethylene containers, with tamper evident screw-on caps.
This laboratory cleaner is supplied as a liquid concentrate for dilution with water (2% to 5% solution of Decon 90 with water) and is used for both manual cleaning and use in ultrasonic cleaning baths. Problem contaminates can be treated by increasing the solution strength.
Method of Use
• The items which need cleaning must be immersed fully into the solution and left to soak for a minimum of 2 hours. Depending on the degree and tenacity of the soiling, the item can be left to soak for up to a maximum of 24 hours.
• By heating the solution 40°C to 50°C can reduce the cleaning time or alternatively use an ultrasonic cleaning bath.
• To ensure removal of all traces of contamination/cleaning agent, it is recommended that three agitated rinses in water *** are carried out and any cleaned items are rinsed thoroughly and dried.more info
For decontaminating/cleaning ceramics, glassware, rubbers, plastics, stainless steel and ferrous metals. As Decon 90 is ALKALINE, it is NOT suitable for use on non-ferrous metals, notably aluminium and zinc, or on polycarbonate.
Appearance and Properties
• Milky white, non-viscous liquid with a faint odour.
An emulsion of anionic and non-ionic surface active agents, stabilising agents, non-phosphate detergent builders, alkalis and sequestering agents, in an aqueous base. Decon 90 does NOT contain Phosphates, Enzymes, EDTA/NTA or Chlorine Bleaches.
5 Years – stored correctly at an ambient temperature, out of direct sunlight, sealed in the container in which it is supplied and away from strong acids and aluminium.
Decon 90 is Manufactured by Decon Laboratories Limited UK
* Ready Biodegradability by OECD 301E (ISO method 7827 - 1986 (E))
** Decon 90 satisfies the criteria in BS EN 1040 1997 for bacterial activity.
*** For critical applications, use demineralised water throughout.